Chicken Alfredo Pasta
What you'll need:
1 medium spaghetti squash
1 lb chicken breast
3/4 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup coconut milk (canned; I used "light")
1/2 cup chicken bone broth
2 Tbsp avocado oil or ghee
4 tsp chopped garlic
1/2 white onion, minced
3 cups broccoli florets, broken into pieces
salt & pepper (I used about 1 tsp each)
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF, then slice your spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds. Place the open sides down on a foil-lined baking sheet, and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until tender enough to scrape out with a fork.
2. While the squash bakes, grill the chicken breast with a little salt & pepper to season. You can use a skillet or grill pan; just make sure it is lightly browned & cooked through. Allow it to rest, then slice into bite-sized pieces. Now you can start your sauce!
3. Blend the cashews, coconut milk, and broth in a blender or food processor until smooth. Set aside or refrigerate if you make it ahead of time.
4. Once the squash is done baking, use a fork to scrape out your "pasta" and transfer it into a bowl.
5. In a large skillet or pot over medium heat, saute the broccoli, garlic, & onion in avocado oil or ghee until slightly softened (2-3 minutes). Add the sauce, and stir to combine.
6. Stir in the spaghetti squash, and season with salt & pepper. Continue to cook until the sauce begins to thin (about 5 minutes). Add the chicken to dish and stir. Continue to cook until the sauce simmers and the chicken is warmed, and serve hot! :)
BBQ Chicken Dip
1 lb cooked chicken, shredded
1/2 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup paleo mayo, or Sir Kensington's brand
1/4 red onion, diced, about 1/3 cup
3 tbls cilantro, minced, plus more for gar
15 oz tomato sauce
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
4 tsp dijon mustard
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp onion power
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp sea salt
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Boil cashews in two cups of water for 30 minutes.
3. Add all bbq sauce ingredients to small sauce pot. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes then let cool.
4. Once cashews are done, place cashews into your blender and mix until smooth with 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Fold in cashew cream with bbq sauce, mayo, red onion and cilantro, and place into small casserole dish or large ramekin.
5. Cook for 20 minutes until top is a little crusty, then top with more cilantro and serve with celery sticks or carrots! :)